Oops! It appears that you have disabled your Javascript. In order for you to see this page as it is meant to appear, we ask that you please re-enable your Javascript!

Monthly Archives: January 2017

Private Companies to manufacture 155/52 calibretowed artillery gun

The order for manufacturing of first indigenously being made 155mm/52-caliber towed artillery gun, the Advanced Towed Artillery Gun System (ATAGS), will be given to the private companies next year. Initially an order of 114 guns worth $350 million will be given next year to the private companies. The ATAGS is being developed by the state-owned...
Read more

BMP-II Upgrade

MoD proposal under consideration on handing Rs 5,000 crore BMP-2 upgrade to Ordnance Factory Board without competition. The industry rep met MOD officials and wrote letter to Defence Minister and HQ IDS with strong objection....
Read more

India, UAE signs defence and security pacts

India and the United Arab Emirates have signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on cooperation in the field of defence industry. The agreement aims to establish cooperation in the identified fields of defence manufacturing and technology, including through studies, research, development, innovation and cooperation between public and private sector institutions of the two countries. Under this...
Read more

Reliance-Dassault JV gets CCI approval

Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the proposal to form a joint venture (JV) between Reliance Aero and Dassault, named “Dassault Reliance Aerospace Limited”. Under the JV, Reliance Aero would hold 51 per cent shares, with the remaining 49 per cent to be held by Dassault. It is mandatory to get CCI approval beyond...
Read more

Ukraine eyeing Indian defence market

Ukraine is eyeing Indian Defence market and is going for Joint Ventures with Indian Firms. Most likely it go for jointly bid for Multirole Transport Aircraft (MTA) programme with Indian private-sector firm Reliance Defence and Aerospace (RDA), which will be co-developed andco-produced with Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL). The yet to release RFP from HAL may...
Read more

India, France signs White Shipping Agreement

India and France has signed White Shipping agreement to enable information sharing on maritime traffic and maritime domain awareness in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR). The agreement is expected to be implemented over the next few months enabling the Navies of both the countries to coordinate their roles in stabilizing Indo-Pacific coupled with enhancing Indo-France...
Read more

India may produce Active Protection Systems under ‘Make in India’

Indian Ministry most likely to go for indigenously produced active protection systems under ‘Make in India’ programme for it’s recently acquired Russian T-90 tanks. Recently, India has decided to procure 464 T-90 tanks from Russia, these tanks will come without active protections systems. Also by 2020, India plans to induct more than 1,600 T-90 tank,...
Read more

Singapore renewed Air Force exercise pact with India

The Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) will continue its joint military training at Kalaikunda Air Force Station in India for another five years, as it has renewed the bilateral agreement for the conduct of Joint Military Training and Exercises. Under the agreement, the RSAF will have opportunities to train with the IAF's advanced Su-30...
Read more